I’d be lying if I said I still had the same enthusiasm for this diet as I did a few weeks back and that’s down to the weight loss slowing. I’m hoping it’s just blip I’m going through but I’m finding it very tough to keep motivated.
I’m drinking the water and sticking to the program religiously which is good. I think the other issue is that I’m feeling quite bloated/blocked (I think you know what I mean!) most of the time now and am trying to relieve that too. I’m now taking a couple of teaspoons of Psyllium Husks twice a day now mixed in with either the soups or the shakes. This is a natural dietary fibre that should move things along but doesn’t seem to be doing anything. I’ve also tried stuff from the chemist and while it works it gave me horrendous stomach cramps for 24 hours afterwards. It’s strange, it’s only just started and it’s getting very frustrating.
So I’m hoping I can motivate myself again by looking at all the positives:
- My weigh in last night showed a loss of 4.4lbs, that's a total of 68.4lbs lost in 11 weeks.
- That’s an average of 6.2lbs a week which is ABOVE the average for men of 5lbs per week.
- I’ve lost 20.8% of my original body weight
- My BMI has dropped from 36.25 to 28.74, significantly reducing my risk of weight related illness, which means I’m no longer obese, just overweight now
- My body fat levels have dropped by 6.6% to 27.6%
- My waist has gone from 50” to 46” (trousers gone from 44” to 40”)
- Chest from 50” to 45”
- Hips gone from 51” to 46”
- Tops gone from 3XL to 2XL (almost XL now)
- I’ve raised over £250 for the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice AND whatever I raise online will get matched so that’s at least £500 which is what my original fundraising target was.
- I only have 2 stone 5.6 lbs to go to get to my target
That’s a pretty cool list :-) even if I say so myself.